Vestre Jakobselv 2017
Valid from the 1st of June to August 31, both days included.
|Fly: Floating line||1-2-3-4-5||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Fly: Sinking line||1-2-3-4-5||Yes||Yes||No|
|Fly: Weighted flies and metaltubes||1-2-3-4-5||Yes||No||No|
|Fly: Tubes and coneheads||1-2-3-4-5||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Lure – spinner – wobbler||1-2||Yes||No||No|
|Lure – spinner – wobbler max 12 gram||3-4-5||Yes||Yes||No|
- Disinfection of Fishing equipment and other possible contagious items used outside the Nord Varanger, must be disinfected. Certificate of satisfactory disinfection of fishing gear, etc. must be presented at the time of purchase of fishing licenses and must be carried while fishing and shown to river guard on request. Only disinfection carried out in Nord Varanger is approved.
- Only rod with three hooks are allowed. (A triple hook is considered as three hooks).
- While fishing with fly or worms, only the floater or the fly line can be used as casting weight
- The hook size is measured between the trunk and the point of the hook. No more than 13 mm on double or treble hooks are allowed. No more than 15 mm on single hook is allowed.
- It is prohibited to dip the fishing gear in organic extracts or added scent lubricants
- Keep moving downstream while fishing. That means, start fishing in the pools upper point, and fish downstream. If a fisherman/woman catches a fish, that person must start fishing in the pools upper point.
- No upstream fishing with wet flies.
- No fishing whatsoever in prohibited zones (Lines, tippet or flies can not cross the line at prohibited areas).
- Salmon hens are protected in August and must be released.
- Kelts are protected and must be released.
- Arctic char is protected and must be released.
- Minimum size salmon 35 cm.
- Minimum size Trout 25 cm.
- Bag limit is 3 Salmon pr. day. When the bag limit is reached, you must stop fishing.
- You must report everything you catch online at www.jakt-fiske.no
Failing to report your catch online, will result in getting banned from buying new licenses.
- Zone 1: from main-road to the first place upstream to prohibition zone, ca. 3 kilometres.
- Zone 2: from The Second waterfall to the fourth water-fall, ca. 4 kilometres
- Zone 3: from the fourth water-fall to Aldonen, ca. 5 kilometres
- Zone 4: from Aldonen to Øvre Flintelv
- Zone 5 From Øvre Flintelv til Jakobselvkroken.
Rules of conduct:
- Be an example for youngsters and children. Let kids Fish.
- It is prohibited to throw litter along the river, use the garbage cans along the river or bring your garbage home. Fish gut must not be thrown in the garbage cans or thrown in the water.
- Anyone fishing in Vestre Jakobselv must bring fishing licence, national fishing licence, personal identification and disinfection certification (Gyrodactylus salaris) and must be showed to the river guard on request.
- If you observe illegal fishing, call the river guard.
- Tent: do not camp closer than 100 metres from the river bank. Use existing bonfires sites.
River guards can be reached on: +47 90 06 77 07 or +47 90 01 17 30